1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What's wrong with my Maroon Bellied Conure??

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by lytalbayre, May 17, 2006.

1. lytalbayre

lytalbayre New Member

He's about 1 yr old. Always been really strong and active. Full flight feathers and freedom within the house.

Anyway, yesterday, I notice he is tired looking. He keeps closing his eyes almost like he's falling asleep. When you hold him, he's doesn't grip with his normal strength and he's just not as active as normal. This tiredness is interspersed with periods of him acting normally.

He was eating fine, and drinking. He did poop, and it looks normal. I'm not sure if his discharge is regular, however. There's no inflammation on the nostrils, no discharge from that area.

He's housed with a green cheek conure and they get along fine. The other bird seems normal...

I'm worried he might have ingested something toxic since they do have a lot of freedom around the house.

If he's not feeling better by tonight, I'll be taking him to a vet. Thanks for any input.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

The first signs of an ill bird is sitting fluffed up and sleepy, If your bird shows any of these symptoms he needs to be seen by an Avian vet ASAP.

A regular vet is not really a good idea as they do not have much knowlegde on birds..

Sorry i could not have been of more help

Mike

3. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

First of all ,take the other bird OUT!!!!!!!! Your bird is probably sick.I would call your vet tonight and make an appointment for as early as u can for tomorrow. Hope my advice helped! :D :m23: :kiss_heart: :0020: