1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

when should you give the first vaccines?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by winnie, Dec 28, 2005.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

Bear is 6 weeks now, he will be 7 weeks on thursday. I was gonna wait till he was 8 weeks to give him his first shots but i would like to get them done sooner since i got him at 4 weeks and im around strange dogs all the time. He isnt around starnge dogs though, just me.

I dont want to make him sick though but id like to give them to him today, i just want to make sure its ok and that he will be okay, what are your thoughts? is 6 weeks almost 7 weeks too early?

thanks

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I personally wait till there 8 weeks old before i get there first vaccinations some vets will do it earlier but this is a matter best taken up with your vet.

they usually go by the weight and size of the pup and this helps them determine wethere there body could take the vaccination earlier.

Mike

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

You could always have the vet test for maternal antibodies. Shots are totally useless until the maternal antibodies are gone, which is why the vets give a series of shots to puppies. I guess they are too lazy to just test to see when the time is right.