1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

While the dogs are mating

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by German_shepherd, Jun 23, 2006.

1. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Scuse my ignorance, I know nothing about horses :oops: .....is tolting the way the horse is moving?

One of my lifes ambitions is to learn to ride properly....actually would love to have my own horse one day.

2. German_shepherd

German_shepherd New Member

yes the one gate is called tolt and it is smooth and when you sit the horse you can hold a beer in your hand without spelling it :) :lol:

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:lol: :lol: sounds like thats the type of riding lessons Ill be looking for then.

4. Nik

Nik New Member

Erm, I have no idea how but I posted in the wrong thread :oops:

Sorry, please ignore me, do continue...

5. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:lol: Dont you hate it when that happens!!!

6. Chezza

Chezza New Member

ROFL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Just thought i would see if there is any signs of her being in whelp, If my calculations are correct she will be due anytime from around the 27th august...

hope all is well

Mike

8. German_shepherd

yes I can see that she is in whelp :eek:

9. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Thats great news so not long now before she whelps, She should whelp around the 27th. 3 days after i come back off my holiday..

Mike

10. German_shepherd

Yes it is possible, what is the normal count of days , I know it can warry 59-70 if I am right?

11. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

57-72days but most whelp day 63.

She will let you know when she is in first stage of labour so do not worry we are all here to give advice when the time comes, Also have you got the emergancy number of you vet and told him/her that your girl is due to whelp on whatever date and that way you know he is there if you need him...

The vet will not mind you calling all the time if you get worried or think things are not progressing well.

Mike

12. German_shepherd

Yes I have all the numbers I need and I live 5 minutes away from the vet. She has been whining for few days now and milkfluid in the nipples, in the morning I woke up with her in the bed breathing and making sound and restless, but she ate finally dinner yesterday before bed so I thought noting would be cllose. I let her out twice for pie and then she needed nr 2 and now she looks fine.

13. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

As she progresses she will get more and more restless, Usually if they do not eat there food for 24hours then you can be sure things are starting.

Keep a close eye on her and good luck for the pending delivery

Mike

14. German_shepherd

she started 19. agust breathing hard and had long contraction from 4:30 am until the night after 4:30 am 20 of august. first one took long and then the second half an hour between then 1 hour next one and then after almost 2 hours and no puppy I started to press her stomic, I was able to get 3 more puppies with short gab and they looked more sleeping then week, I woke them up and gave them milk from mother and all were on nipple. I was not sure if there would be any more puppies and felt her stomic all over but couldn't feel any, I had given her calcium before and that had helped but still she was getting tired. I heard her breathing still deaply and I was not able to hear if it could be the placenta coming through or puppy it was not so intense like before. I lay down to rest because I had been awake from the start and not slept and I was about to get my son from baby sitter, I had to sleep two hours. When I woke up there was one laying beside her still wet and lifeless, he was dead. I felt terrible, I dont know if it was dead before or because I wasnt there. Now we have 6 puppies alive and then we burried the other and called him (Feigur in Icelandic) victim :cry: . 4 girls and 2 boys alife. Everything else looks fine by now.

15. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

congratulations! i'm really sorry about the one that didn't make it, but 6 puppies is still a lot, especially when they get older, lol.

16. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Congratulations on the delivery, I am sorry about the one that did not make it, I know this is no concilation but there is sometimes a still born in a litter and you may not have been able to save this one even if you had been there.

6 Is still a big litter and i hope mum and babies are ok and doing well.
    Hope to see pictures soon

I get back from my holiday on the 24th of august so will keep coming back to check there progress

Mike

17. German_shepherd

Thank you all for the grats, it is a little concilation to hear you say this I know ofcourse anything can happen during delivery, and I am lucky that things went as well as it did. Puppies are nursing good and I can already see two girls are very driving, (just like their mother) one is very fat after one day :D Mother is very good and nursing all the time, and cleaning them, has good health and eats well her self. :)

18. hermann muenster

hermann muenster New Member

Fabulous job!!

Is this your first delivery? It sounds like you really knew what you were doing!!! Great going!! SIX healthy pups and a mommy who is on her way to recovering!!!

Well Done!!

19. German_shepherd

I have only once done this before when I resqued a dog who was loosing her home and she was pregnant when she had been with me 2 weeks and already gone 6 weeks and I didnt know. She had 12 puppies and fast delievery 6 hours and when she was too tired I helped her to clean the puppies and all of them lived except one went behind week later because he couldn't fight the others to get the milk and I tried to help him with bottle but he was to withdrawen and little and didnt put on weight so it was best for him to go. Mother got fever and I had to squise the milk in warm water because it swollowed so much. She got better and was fine after that. That was very difficult time, and busy but worth it. That time I was afraid to loose her. Later she found new home.

20. German_shepherd

I didn know how load german puppies can be :D They might wake the neighbours even I have big house, I only remember my dog when she came and she cried on my shoulter and I sang her to sleep, these guy's terrify me, poor mother to bear this :D