1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

whining of a pitbull

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by justinspencerdavis, May 6, 2005.

1. justinspencerdavis

justinspencerdavis New Member

just seeing if anyone would know why a pit would whine all the time. It just started. She is 10 months old. I thoght it might be because she might be going into heat, but she has before and didnt whine. any suggestions emai me at justinsdavis@yahoo.com

2. jay

jay New Member

If she stops when u pet her. She is probably just spoiled like mine, if not have her checked out.

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

If nothing has changed around her, like is she suddenly being left alone for long periods etc then you should have her checked out by a vet, does she act painful anywhere? is she licking excessively at any certain areas. Is everything else okay, like appetite, normal peeing and pooping, any vomiting, any other behavioural changes?
    How long ago was she in heat?

4. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

It's not unusual for pit bulls to whine. It's part of their game heritage. More pits will whine with excitement where as other dogs will bark. Both of my pits don't bark hardly at all. If they see a squirrel, a strange cat, or a loose dog in the yard, they will whine instead of bark. If they're excited about going for a ride or a walk, they will whine. Whinning is just pit bull languish for being happy and excited.

So, I'm pretty sure that your pit bull is just acting normal. Look at it this way, it sure beats having her bark all the time.

5. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

my dog rarely barks either.. he lets out these lil whimpers when he sees other dogs.. other dogs are goin crazy and barkin and Jax seems so calm.. when other folks see this their response is usually "he is so well behaved!" i like it!

6. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Just covering all aspects....it was the 'whines all the time' and I took it the literal sense.....Ive seen various breeds that 'whine all the time' theres either a behaviour or health problem with other 'symptoms....as opposed to a dog that whines to 'communicate'.
    Ive had a Cocker Spaniel that never barked....I mean literally not once did I hear him bark, he whined, at people, at dogs, at playtime, at feeding time....everything he did involved a whine, but that was just him and I never saw any reason to question it....it was pretty obvious why he did it. My Rott was very similar, she only ever barked when I told her to 'speak' otherwise she didnt bother....she growled and she whined.....unless she couldnt be bothered....she was very laid back.
    My Whippet would whine and cry whenever she got excited.
    Joey my Pit on the other hand barked at anything and everything....until we came to an understanding :shock:

7. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

You might want to take her to the vet. She must be sad or something. Do you give her enough attenstion(sp?)? 8)