1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

WHITE PIRANHAS!!! plz help me , give me tips, if u have any

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by blackpiranhasman, May 26, 2004.

1. blackpiranhasman

blackpiranhasman New Member

i wana get a white piranhas and i will have a 80 gallon tank for it. do u think its to small? and how many white piranhas can i have in a 80 gallon tank?

2. blackpiranhasman

3. tina1

tina1 New Member

could you maybe post a picture or anything. I can't say I've ever heard of white piranhas before.

4. blackpiranhasman

5. greatfalls

greatfalls New Member

If the tank has cover and the fish dont get to big I would limit it to 2-3 and see how it works out.

6. blackpiranhasman

this white piranhas r one of the biggest in the world, look at the site above
    , ya i want at least two, but the more the enjoyment is cool, so if u have any plz tell me stuff about them

7. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

correct me if i am wrong, but i thought that the white piranha was another common-name for the black piranha...

8. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

I believe you are correct grnlemonade. The White Piranha lists as Serrasalmus rhombeus.

9. mesx7828

mesx7828 New Member

Hello, the black piranha you are refering to is solitary, can only put one in a tank by itself. Your best shoot would be to get red belly piranha, they are shoaling Piranha (species: PYGOCENTRUS/ they are shoaling type of p's). The Black piranha (species: SERRASALMUS non-shoaling p's) hope I answered your question.