1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Why does my pirahnah tank stink?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by red bellie 3, Aug 26, 2004.

1. red bellie 3

red bellie 3 New Member

i have three red bellies, i,ve had them for 4 days. the ph is fine, the temp is fine, but the tank is stinking some, can anyone help?

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

You could give it a water change.

3. red bellie 3

red bellie 3 New Member

nameless?

do i need a tank change after 4 days.

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I guess not. Did your tank mess after you changed it. Did you clean your filter?

5. red bellie 3

red bellie 3 New Member

nameless

i bought a brand new filter, set the tank up let it filter for three days, it was clean then a couple days later, it stinks. i here people talking about testing nitrates, and ammonia , how do i do that. thanks red bellie 3

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

You buy a kit at your lfs.

7. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Have u feed them any thing like mice, rats, any thing meaty that could be wroting?

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What size is the tank and how big are the fish? What filter do you have?

To test ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte, you need to buy kits (I prefer Aquarium Pharmaceuticals' tests) and follow the instructions. Your tank isn't cycled, so you really need to do those tests ASAP.

-Chelle