1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Why doesnt my pup walk on a leash?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Scherpf, May 13, 2005.

1. Scherpf

Scherpf New Member

My puppy is a 4 and a half month old lab mix who doesnt walk on a leash. He will walk on a leash around the house and in the house but when he sees that we are walking past the driveway he will do everything he can not to go for a walk. I have tried treats, praising but he still won't walk. What do you think I should do?

2. lil96

lil96 New Member

My dog used to have a fear of walking through doorways, he eventually built up confidence and grow out of it. I think just lots of practice and your puppy will get used to it.

3. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Maybe try taking him to the park or someplace where he can walk and walk him there. He probally just doesn't feel secure outside of the home. So by taking him elsewhere (preferably somewhere that he can just walk and not have to worry about other dogs) then he should start walking out of the house.

4. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Try making sure he is really really hungry then bring along some of his regular food in a bag so he can smell it. Rattle the bag so he focuses his attention on the food and walk. Also you can use a chain collar and make sure it's positioned far up the neck just behind the ears. This will give you better control and keep his attention forward.