1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Why is he laying in the litterbox?????

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Jimmy, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy New Member

Now he is doing this!!!!
    Do you think he is sick?

2. snowysunoui

snowysunoui New Member

Litterbox

It sounds like that is just his new place to get away from everyone... If you've moved recently, or changed his environment dramaticly, then he's just scared, and needs time to adjust to the new sitution.

3. nern

nern New Member

Sounds like he may just be stressed from all the recent changes. I would probably have the vet take a look at him if this continues just to be safe.

4. vene

vene New Member

Yep, definitely stressed and depressed. He feels more safe and secure in his litterbox. It's the only variable that hasn't changed. A new home, environment, and changes will make a cat very sad. If your cat is used to the outdoors and can no longer venture out, he'll be tripply depressed. After you've ruled out any physical problems, maybe you can train leash him and go out for walks. This might perk him up.

5. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

Sounds like from the other posts that you just moved which is stressful for kitties.

When I first got my kitty hunter...he played in the little box all the time and then would just lay there after he'd play himself out. (I tried numerous things to stop the little box playing including putting paper in it..ect, ect.)
    Anyway, the silly little kitty will still play in the litterbox now at 10mos old, grosses me out.

6. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

I always noticed whenever I went to the pound the kittens would always be sleeping in the litter box even when there was more than enough room for some sort of sleeping area with towels or blankets....they still seemed to choose the litter box. It certainly is an odd behavior.

My kitty is absolutely fascinated with his 'new' litter box. I got the LitterMaid self-cleaning ones and every time it starts to scoop and the motor starts he'll rush into the room to see what it's doing. And this after six months...you'd think he'd have figured out what the noise is by now! :lol: :mrgreen: