1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Why is this happening?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by bullylove1, Jun 2, 2004.

1. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Sam, I think your response should be:

Vacation, what's a vacation?

OR

Sleep, hmm...heard of it before

OR

Treating myself to something, really, do people still do that for themselves??

hehe poor poor Sams. Send me a ticket to TExas and I'l help you out for a bit hehe.....

2. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

My reaction was fast, I thought it was just a bug bite but it was lyme disease . The doctors I saw thought it was ring worm and treated as that. After about a month the swelling and ring went away only to return again. By this time I was very sick, fever swelling felt like a truck had rolled over me just wanted to sleep all the time. Every so often now ,once or more each year it comes back on me in the form of fever and sleepy,weak. They put me on antibiotic and it is gone in a week or so. Was told It would be like this for the rest of my life. Its about that time again seems to happen each summer as the weather warms up and in the late fall sometimes for some reason. You learn to live with it and just do the best you can. I still go camping and for long walks in the woods, refuse to stop my life.
    Photo does not show it as how it feels and really looks but close to what I had. http://www.loudoun.gov/health/lyme.htm

2pyrs

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Yes, that sounds pretty typical for lyme disease. Definitely not fun! My rash did not/does not look like that. It does not have the typical ring or bullseye appearance and it is small. If it were one of my kids I probably would have brought them in, but I am confident that it is just an allergic reaction to the bite (especially since I am prone to that anyway). It's already starting to clear up. But thanks for all the info!

Jamiya

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

my aunts got so severe outbreaks they usually insert an IV for about 10 days to do intravenious antibiotics. She usually has it on her arm, and does the injections at home. Since they have to be done every few hours. The last time she had it implanted directly into her chest. That was painful. She hasn't had an outbreak in over 3 months so that is good.

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

yuk, you guys are scaring me, i am constantly pulling ticks off Jake and Wylie, and theya re deer ticks! just ne to be more cautious. I dont think I would ever get a dark colored dog, because I normally can spott them right away their their light coloring. My husband has somone eh works with the just got lyme disease.

Bullylove, Wylie snorts sometimes I thinkshe gets too much air .

honeybear