1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

WOW!? APBT or BEAR?!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by BronxthePit, Sep 28, 2004.

1. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Thats just what I was thinking, Izzy looks like she has some AmStaff in her and is very gorgeous.

I doubt Bronx we'lll get that big (120lbs) as Whopper was half Bull Mastiff and they get to be 140lbs. The bad thing is larger dogs live a shorter lifespan. Chevy is about 7-8 years old and now he can't really pull worth crap now where I was watching some 8-9yrs old 30-40lbs dogs pull just as they did when they were young. They'll probably live longer lives while Chevy may very well die in 2-3yrs since he's going "down hill" now. Another thing is bringing in larger breeds is whats been adding and giving these dogs hip dysplasia and inverted eye lids. Bandogs no matter if they are recognized bandogs are registered as pure APBT usually have more health problems. Larger dogs of any breed have shorter life spans. I don't understand owning something that isn't a Pit and doesn't look like a Pit if you want a Pit?

Her grandsire doesn't have that much mastiff in him but is still bigger then the average APBT, they just didn't keep breeding mastiff and mastiff qualities in. But he is a nice looking dog, he doesn't look like a mastiff, doesn't have large dewlaps or anything. I'll post more of his offspring, they range in size from 45-80lbs. The one I posted is double bred off him (@ 58lbs). A few of the outcrossed ones are actually BIGGER, and the dam was about 50lbs. I'll upload n post the pics later.

They keep growing past 1 year but he will probably fall in about that weight I'd guess. Bigger dogs grow longer also.

2. BronxthePit

BronxthePit New Member

oh yes def. like i said he WILL NOT be as big as whopper :p

Yeah but the growing slows down comparbly to the first year, i've noticed and stops by the second. i would love to see more pics of the gsire he is awesome looking..and offspring.

later!

3. Sara

Sara New Member

Whopper

Whopper is out of I wanna be a whopper isn't he or is THAT I wanna be a Whopper... If so... that dog is AB x DDB it isn't an APBT... Most of the APBT world knows about I wanna be a whopper and where the bloodlines came from... I've never actually heard that part of the story disputed... Interresting to see "Whopper" on here...considering the big issues surrounding that line...

I saw a Dagger pit...I have pics of him...that is 110 lbs according to his papers he's pure but for sure he is proportionate considering his size... Here's a link to his pic. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/apbtchic/ ... m=50ca.jpg

Then there's the Boerboel x Pit crosses I've seen (rare cross not advertising the cross myself...just thought I'd throw up the pic. Here's a Boerboel x Pit cross ...lare pit looking dog...definately over 100lbs and still proportionate... http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/apbtchic/ ... m=a12d.jpg

I'd like to know if "Whopper" is the famed father of the Whopper line...if so he's not a pit....

4. Angie

Angie New Member

Whopper doesn't really appeal to me.

a lot of Jeep and some Rascal...

Crenshaw = Jeep ?

Tank is a sweetheart. He loves to play and to go for walks. He doesn't get to walk much bc he is so strong. Its easier once he gets tired lol. I love his mask, I think hes a beautiful dog! Though I do think his ears were cut a little too short.
    Also, he is ADBA registered.

5. BronxthePit

BronxthePit New Member

yeah whopper is a bit ridiculous... you'd matters well get a mastiff :p

I like that white dog i forget the name..he is purty. the gsire. that boebel dog looks more mastiff to than pitty

6. Angie

Angie New Member

True Pits, this was my post from before about Tank:

7. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Crenshaw is the last name of the breeder. Jeep is the name of a dog. He was Crenshaw's Jeep also known as Garrett's Jeep (He was sold to James Garrett by James Crenshaw). Jeep's dam was Chrenshaw's Honeybunch. Sire was Finley's Bo. All 3 dogs are Champions as well as Register of Merit (ROM) dogs, meaning they produced a certain amount of Champion dogs (sorry I can't remember what the requirement is, but I know it is more for males than females - something like 3 and 5 or 4 and 5 I think). You can read a little history on CH Jeep here. Hope that helps some.

8. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Thats the same dog, the registered name is Wanna Be Awhopper. No one can say 100% what the dog is, although I hightly doubt its an AB x DDB and believe it to be Bull Mastiff as I stated before and what Edgar had told a lot of people. He had no reason to lie and the dog carried some traits of this breed and is one reason why he appears a lil too top heavy for his frame. His stance is that of a Bull Mastiff from the ones I've been around. I think his coloring also leads one to believe this. Having a black mask and being a buckskin with brindle. ABs are prodominatly white and DDB are red from the pics I've seen. We already discussed him not being an APBT. Some newbies who get this line try to dispute it....lol Kind of silly, Edgar would straight up tell you how he got the dog, you didn't have to ask or accuse, just say what dogs that? and he'd tell ya all about it. The line and the dog are not pure, but we can still talk about him. I think he looks pretty good except for the top heaviness.

Whopper is the foundation for the Whopper line, like Jeep for the Jeep line, ect. We know he's not a pure pit and the ADBA should have done something long ago, but nobody ever cared and now we have tons of bandogs registered as APBT as well as other crosses like Bull Terrier or Labs. Kind of sucks dont it!! Even dogs reg as Pits aren't really pits, so when they bite people!! You know the rest.

Now from what I know Omar isn't saying whats in the Dagger dogs, but I have a feeling its crossed with performance bred ABs.

I'd maybe like a bandog, i don't care too much for big dogs, but I like bandogs as bandogs (and not as fake APBTs). But I don't believe in crossbreeding so much and you rarely see any responsible people doing it with a purpose. There are tons of Bull Boxers, BullmastiffxAPBT and BullmastiffxBoxers in our paper but I'd rather not get something like that from bybs. Who knows how unpredictable that would be. Maybe from a rescue or shelter, I know thats the same unpredictability but at least the byb wont get my money, maybe one from a foster home thats been evaulated or if I found an actual responsible breeder that had consistency and purpose to their breed.

9. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I'll post more pics in a dif thread if you wanna see. The white one is A/A Dirty White Boy.

Does your bother have his pedigree on his site? Some jeep/rascal dogs are a little bigger but an outcross will usually do it. outcrossed dogs in general seem to sometimes get bigger then expected. He is a pretty and strong I'm sure.

10. Angie

Angie New Member

No, he doesn't have the pedigree on the site. Actually, the site isn't even working right now. I think he gave up on that site... he sends money and sends money and the site works for about a week maybe and then it doesnt work anymore.
    If you are really interested in seeing the pedigree, then maybe i can get it from him and scan it and email it to you... but only if you are interested. Its no big deal to me.

11. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

For what it's worth, I use Geocities. It's not an elaborate site, but that's due to my lack of knowledge. I pay $8.95/month, and haven't had a single problem. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

12. Angie

Angie New Member

Ok, thanks...
    I'll let them know!
    :D

13. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Nah Angie its not a big, I don't want to put him through the trouble, I just thought if it was on his site I could take a peek, but its not a big deal. Sorry to hear his isn't working.

I just noticed Shianne is smiling in your avatar :D

14. Sara

Sara New Member

I Wanna B Awhopper

was bred by John Blackwell (either that or his sire was) and the dog that is the MAIN lineage of the line is in fact a DDB x AB cross. I've spoken to Blackwell about the dog in question (the DDB x AB cross) and he assured me that he did this breeding and that two of the pups out of this breeding were sold to the late Eddy Eddington and Mark Landers... So it is a known fact that the whopper dogs AT LEAST descended from DDBxAB blood. Blackwell did that breeding in the first place because he had a DDB he beleived was sterile so he bred the dog to several bitches, including an AB bitch... He never did divulge the name of the pups sold/given to Mark or Eddy...

Whopper's come from DDB x AB crosses. I know that there is also some "mastiff" blood in there as well, from Mark or Eddy we don't really know... But it is an unspoken understanding that I Wanna B Awhopper is in fact a DDB xAB type cross... PERHAPS a DDB AB x Pit cross but not a Bullmastiff cross... Not until beyond THAT dog did they add the mastiff...

This is an undisputed bit of information that even the whopper enthusiasts don't tend to dispute... the ADBA registered the dog and ONE person out there DOES have DNA on I Wanna B Awhopper... What the ADBA does or does not do with THAT information is beyond me...

15. Angie

Angie New Member

Ok... I wont argue with you lol
    He probably wouldn't let me take the paper anyway. :roll:

Yeah, its one of my favorite pics.
    I don't remember how long ago I took it but she still looks the same :D
    She almost always has that tongue hanging out!
    :shock:

16. Sara

Sara New Member

CLARIFICATION

A Boerboel is a South African Boerboel (mastiff) it is not the name of the breed in the pics I linked to back a ways... Here's a link to my website that talks about Boerboels down below and a pic of my male Boerboel... They are a Mastiff breed and to date I only know of two breedings by working people that cross the South African Boerboel with the Pit Bull for working purposes.

The dogs I linked to back a ways are working dogs and only produced as such... They are working in South Africa as guardians and hunters. They are NOT a breed they are a Bandog and the dogs in my pic are from a reputable "Bandog" breeder breeding for ability rather than status.

True I agree with you on Bandogs... There are a few reputable people out there breeding them for work ONLY and not selling to the general public...but then there are those that are not doing that...I too would buy a "mutt" from the pound rather than a cross from an uneducated BYB in it for money...

I hope we're all clear on the differences and on what a Boerboel is.

http://www.bantamkennels.com

[​IMG]

17. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Can you get the info from him? Because you seem to not know for sure which is what and who's who.

Lets say that Edgar doesn't know what he's talking about because he didn't breed the sire, so he wouldn't know for sure. He bred Whopper and his dam was an APBT, so he is in fact half APBT, if his sire bred the way you stated he's 1/4 DDB, 1/4 AB, 1/2 APBT.

Why would you try to breed a dog that is sterile to several bitches? This makes no sense what so ever. If you know the dog can't be bred why would you try to breed it?

In either event he is in no way a purebred APBT and that point was already made. I think everyone agrees he's not pure and the line isn't a pure and has a tainted foundation.

Take a look at his descendents.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is one 134lbs
    [​IMG]
    claimed to be the largest "pit bull" in the world LMAO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WWW.HARDCORPSPITS.COM

They call these things APBTs.

Does anyone know any history behind A/A Bighead?

18. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I already knew what a boerboel was, so what is the bandog cross between the boerboel and Pits like? What are the traits of this cross? Yeah responsible breeders dont sell to the general public, kind of a bad thing if you want one...lol

19. Sara

Sara New Member

Info

What info from who? Are you talking about the DNA on Whopper?

Okay so the sire is from Blackwell's "test" breeding of an DDB x AB and I do know that, from the horse's mouth... On the question of why breed a dog you think is sterile... That's beyond me... VERY little of what Blackwell does and has done makes sense to me... He's involved in the importation of Boerboels and he's really shady... Eddy didn't even like him from what I understand. A local friend of mine knows Eddy and I'm sure he'll never divulge to me the whopper dna he's all about getting them OUT of the ADBA but not via a third party... You can email me if you want to talk about this more... It's actually quite a tangled web in reality...TANGLED

Blackwell has never been involved in APBT's and Boerboels come from South Africa, a registry there was created a couple decades ago...just for clarity sake I have to keep re-iterating that...they are a separate breed all together from American Mastiffs and dogs used to create "giant pits"....so far

Drop me an email at bantamsara@yahoo.com

20. Sara

Sara New Member

I'm just dropping the BB information in there for the rest of the public reading the board to take note of... I know you know what they are...

The Bandogs in SA the APBT x BB dogs are SERIOUS dogs... There are brothers working together out there and the last I heard they took down a Leopard they are quite the working pair and I can't get recent pics out of the guy becuase....they're beauty has been tainted by work... I beleive they are keeping the "predatory annoyances" away at this point... I do know that they are dogs you don't want to mess with and the guy that bred them is not likely to do so in the future until he gets more of the "right" people who will take them. This is NOT a dog for the public... A defensive giant pit is generally what I gather they are... Based in my knowledge of the two breeds... You have a dog low in prey drive HIGH in defensive/civil drive/aggression and mix it with a dog HIGH in prey drive and BOTH breeds are Bar NONE in physical ability... You can guess what you have on your hands... BB's are DOMINANT as well.