1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

WOW!? APBT or BEAR?!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by BronxthePit, Sep 28, 2004.

1. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Yeah I don't really buy the whole test breeding thing, Blackwell must have some real problems. Shady I'm sure. Getting the info about whether this DDBxAB was Whopper's sire. About the DNA though, will this help prove anything? I'm just wondering. Were Whopper's "parents" ever DNA'd? That would be the only way to prove he has hung papers. People are trying to do away with the big dogs and bandogs and steps are being taken, very slowly. I'm wondering if we will see a total change in 10 or 20yrs. This was a big issue at the convention last year, as it usually would be every year, but most the time they won't discuss it and people are silenced. Now after all this time people are finally taking it seriously.

The BBxAPBT don't sound like something I'd be interested in. I'd just want a big, house pet type dog. That cross definatly isn't something I want and its smart not to sell them to the general public.

A lot of people around here knew Eddington and he is the one who trained Chevy for weight pull. He also had purebred APBTs, great little dogs.

2. BronxthePit

BronxthePit New Member

i saw a site the other night that claimed to have the "LARGEST PITS IN THE WORLD" hahahaha their biggest dog was like 75/80 pounds hahahahahah :) :roll: whhaaaatever

3. Sara

Sara New Member

Tru APBT's...

Well if they're truly pure bred APBT's then I would say they may be the largest pure blooded DNA'd pits out there...

I think I wanna B Awhopper was DNA'd but perhaps his sire was as well...since Eddy had him... too Bad Mark didn't DNA the pup he got from Blackwell because if they have two pups DNA'd they could figur a way to test the dogs now days to that and find out if they should be THROWN out of the ADBA... But they know this guy has DNA but haven't contacted him about it I don't beleive... They may not and he may not want to do that. He was close to Eddy and so I dunno... Eddy had GOOD little pits... Wasn't some of the foundation blood from "Whilhe Makit" Eddington blood too? AWESOME weight puller!!!

They need to form a registry just for Whoppers and one for Daggers... They're consistently several generations in and so it would beneficial for them...it'd get pit people off their backs at least... I know of one guy pulling that lists his Whopper dogs as Oklahoma Bulldogs... I'd be proud to put that down for my dog's breed myself...but who knows... I'd feel like a fake putting APBT down for a whopper dog... Oh well...

It's always nice going back and forth with you True!

4. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

yeah I'm just wondering what they could do if they only had Whopper's DNA, now if they had both of his "parents" who we know infact are hung that would be enough to prove he had hung papers and get him void. Maybe not enough to prove he was a different breed.

They could be the largest? I've never seen too many pure ones over 80lbs, maybe there are some out there. But lots of people take short cuts for size or just crossbreed because they feel like it. Hence all the crosses listed in my paper starting at $350 on up to 5,6 or 700 :shock:

Yeah A/A IV Wilhe Make It is one of Eddington's dogs. Out of A/A V Kanshe Make It. Willhe MakeIt line is a pretty good bunch of pullers. The line is based off RedDevil/Bolio-Tombstone. I think Daryl's cousin has some bred off the smaller stuff, like Willhe Makeit. PocketPits/Two Bits has some great ones bred off Willhe Makeit, some incredible dogs, I've seen em work. Their breeding A/A VI Try N Stop Her to one of Missy's studs, a littermate to the sire(ACE Super Nova) of santana's cousins, the tan ones (the whole litter looked the same) I posted in the show pics. Both males are outstanding dogs, and it seems producing well also. I actually like ACE Up N Atem better only because of his looks and size, he's about 10 lbs lighter. These dogs are born with drive and will, amazing. Its so different watching a dog with true drive work compared to one who's not into it, big difference.

They should make a seperate registry. I think thats the game plan. Because thats one thing the ADBA was worried about. I guess loosing registration and club members and stuff. If they did away with the big dogs and all the Whopper/Chevy/Dagger dogs they'd all pull out and make their own registry. Wouldn't be a bad thing, except loosing the $$.

Same here

5. Sara

Sara New Member

I've met some smaller Eddington offspring and yes those little guys have a temperment like no other... Definately you can see the difference in breeding and all that jazz... It's like a peice of fine art compared to a really good illustration or something...

6. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Sara I am more confused now then ever.

This Blackwell said he bred Whopper's sire from a DDBxAB and Eddington said it was from a Bullmastiff cross. Then you have his pedigree (which of course we can't trust..lol) http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pu ... g_id=35886
    but what I'm confused about here is if you click on whoppers great grand sire Parker's Bouncer http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pu ... g_id=19381
    He's a bullmastiff or something and this is back in the 3rd gen of Whopper's ped. So now I'm really confused, how long have all these half breeds and paper hung dogs been there. Of course the papers on Whopper wouldn't be right and I guess this wouldn't actually be his great grandsire, but this bullmastiff type dog really is registered as a Parker's Bouncer with the ADBA and it was before Whopper.

7. Sara

Sara New Member

Okay... The word is that Blackwell's dog that was an AB DDB was used to create the whopper bloodlines by Eddy...My buddy who was very close to Eddy can attest to that... And it's not disputed by even the whopper people. Blackwell admitted to giving Eddy a DDB XAB but he didn't really KNOW what he did with him after that... Keep in mind that if Whopper's papers a hung...then the dogs in his pedigree really mean nothing at all...because they're hung...so even the pic of the great grand sire you have there...is not necessarily even truly related to the Whopper dogs. if you look at DDB AB crosses today you can see where adding a Pit to create a 1/2 pit to 1/2 DDB x AB would come to make what you have now as the "Whopper"... Do you know what I mean? From what I've understood it to be was that I Wanna B Awhopper is THE DDB X AB cross or is THE offspring of the DDB xAB to APBT I'll have to talk to my buddy and see what exactly he has on the Whopper bloodlines but if Whopper's papers are hung his pedigree information isn't trustworthy at all anyway...

8. Sara

Sara New Member

Whopper dogs are Basically Mastiff bred with APBT's with hint of AB in there... I'm sure SEVERAL different kinds of mastiffs were used to create the LINE... THe dog in the pic you posted there as four generations back looks to me like a DDB cross...but no one can be sure except the people that were there when the deed was done... You can't trace a whole LINE back to Whopper in reality because several different dogs created it...so the matches and mixes in there are going to be different and vary...but from Eddington on I do beleive that a DDB xAB was a direct sire or dam to Whopper...and probably WAS NOT registered.

9. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Yup thats what I said about the papers, not his real great grand sire because his pedigree isn't true. I just can't believe that these dogs are all over. From so long ago. It really sux when people go around mixing whatever they want with whoever and register it however they want.

10. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

11. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

That is one of A/A XX Chevy's littermates, directly off Whopper.

12. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

No - I was laughing at the fact that Whopper is the DAM of that litter. LOL. Someone just got the sire and dam mixed up when they entered it.

13. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Yeah, some one just got a lil quick trying to make a ped..lol I made one in reverse myself, but fixed it immediatly. I was just saying he's a littermate to Chevy and also A/A Kickass Kicker from the Whopper x Ima Dandi Breeding or Ima Dandi x Whopper breeding LMAO. Hehe, pull dogs, not bulldogs. Humorous to me, that 134lbs worlds largest "Pit bull" I think is one off Chevy and was like triple bred whopper. Daryl is holding the Mo Cup at his place tomorrow, it would be nice to go, but Im not. Its a fun show and Santana (who Chevy tried to grab and eat) could get some track time, but its an ALL BREED fun show, so the Whopper & Dagger dogs should fit right in....lol

On a serious level though, if it was just a Pit Bull fun pull (which I do attend), I don't know I'd find it more appealing, kind of why I've never been into IWPA, don't ask me why. I don't dislike other breeds or anything. Just seems weird going to any kind of all breed show, mutts included.

14. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Hey I was just checking out the forum, but I dont own a pit. Just wanted to say that red dog (I cant see the other pics first posted) his feet looks more like hooves to me! :lol: