1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Wylie got attacked by a pack of Coyotes yesterday!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, May 12, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Yeah, thats the problem with the population growing and people incroaching on wildlife territories. You have to feel sorry for them, becaus you know they are only trying to survive. ANd yes, they will take down a sick calf, deer, goat ect.....

One thing about Coyotes, they are part of the Canine family but more closely related to the fox and felines. They pounce on their food source (if and when hunting) just like a cat or fox.
    Also, they breed and comeinto heat much more often than domesticated dogs.

Two dogs can turn into 20 dogs in less than 6 months. Its really odd, rarely do you see a sick coyote from parvo, parainfluenza, ect....
    They are more like imune to most domesticated diseases!

The best thing to do when you come across one is to raise your arms and scream. Lound noises tend to scare them off. NEVER RUN FROM A WILD DOG, COYOTE, or WOLF . That will only initiate them to chase.

Dont' leave food out. if your afraid of them entering your property, you can fix this problem buy setting up an electric fence system around your yard, place it about 6-8 inches off the ground. Always use the constant curent and not the pulsating one!

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Probably because they eat a species-appropriate diet, don't get vaccinated, and don't get heartworm and flea stuff put on them every month. ;)

How is Wylie doing, honeybear?

Jamiya

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Jimiya - Wylie is doing great - her wounds look good. I really cleaned them right after it happened. And she wanted to play frisbee last night!
    I am wondering if she had a bug that she wasnt tested for and the antibioics is clearing it up.

"Its really odd, rarely do you see a sick coyote from parvo, parainfluenza, ect.... They are more like imune to most domesticated diseases!"

My vet did say a even though our county is rare for coyotes to have rabies, a couple of counties over he said it is bad, wonder if they dont have the good food and are eating skunks which really darry it around here

honeybear

4. Hi Honeybear, I'm happy to hear that Wiley is going to be o.k. How scary that must have been for you! I guess you'll have to keep an eye open from now on. Hope you get to continue to hike with the dogs.

Susan

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Yep watch them as if they were babies. So happy he's back to himself.