1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

YIKES! I bought counterfeit Advantage flea drops!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Chessmind, May 17, 2004.

1. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Everyone. Well, I was trying to find the post here at Auspet that someone posted about the counterfeit Advantage and Frontline flea drops, so that I could say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! :bow_now:

Had it not been for that post I would not have known about the counterfeit Advantage that I bought yesterday!!!! I looked at the label very carefully. As soon as I saw the label I knew something was fishy. I bought it anyway so that I could compare it to the info online to double check if it was infact counterfeit and it was!!!!! Imagine if I had put it on my best pal in the whole world and he died, like so many other cats and dogs are from these conterfeit products!

Please everyone check the labels. Here is how I knew mine was a counterfeit:

1) The package will be right, but the label on the tube will be different. On the package it says: %9.1 imidacloprid, but on the tube it said %10 imidacloprid! That's the #1 sign it's counterfeit.

2) The tube did not have the warning posted. It is suppose to say on the tube: 'WARNING Keep out of reach of children Read The Entire Label Before Use.' None of this was on the counterfeit tube!

3) There was a bunch of other differences. I'll leave the link below if anyone wants all the details. Please take a look at your labels if you use Advantage or Frontline.

Thank you to whoever posted that warning post! I wish I knew who it was. :bow_now:

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheet ... duct.htm#5

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

It was Nern! I found the post on the old forum that she posted in March! Nern thank you so much! :bow_now: I had replied in that post that I had heard about it, but it went in one ear and out the other. I wouldn't have remembered if you had not posted it. I didn't forget after that because I read the entire link you posted. Thank you Nern! :bow_now: :kiss_her: Handsome is alive and well because of your post! How could I possibly ever thank you enough?

3. nern

nern New Member

Your welcome Chessmind. I bought it too (for the past 2yrs) and have used it on my dogs and my cats. I only use Advantage when neccessary so at least I was'nt applying it every month. No ill effects luckily.

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hello Nern. Well, I found out that if you buy it at the vets it should be okay (according to Bayer that makes Advantage). Well, I was at my favorite pet supply shop and I noticed that they had them there. So I thought it would save me a trip from having to drive to my vets after work during the week. Anyway, after I went home and compared the tube with the link, I then printed all the info out and went back to the pet supply shop and gave them proof that it was counterfeit. They were so shocked. They put all of it into a box and got on the phone right away to contact the company they got it from. I sure hope they catch the people that are doing this. I'm glad your kitties were okay Nern. Some cats and dogs have died. So sad. :(

p.s. When is Rhiannon's surgery?

5. nern

nern New Member

I ordered mine online. I sent them an email and included the EPA link but they swear that they get it straight from Bayer. They offered to take it back and give me a refund.

Rhiannon's surgery is about 2wks away on June 1st.

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

From what I read Bayer will ONLY sell to a licensed vet. I wonder if that's true. According to the link I posted above that is suppose to be the case. Anyway, thanks again Nern. Don't forget to post about Rhiannon's surgery on June 1st.

7. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

thanks for the info....I posted this on the siamese cat board I belong to - no one there had heard this before but they are all now checking their containers/packages. One lady buys it online for the shelter she volunteers for...hers are all fine.

thanks for sharing this

8. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Mary. I would be interested to know if anyone on the siamese cat board has counterfeit ones. I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few people that do. Unless you're getting it directly from the vets the odds are that it is counterfeit.