1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Yorkies eating wild bird seeds

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by figgy, Mar 23, 2004.

1. figgy

figgy New Member

Hello everyone!

My question today refers to backyard bird feeding... My Yorkies, of course put everything in their mouths, but they have taken a special interest in the bird seeds that fall onto the ground.

Their 2 favorite things to eat in our backyard is mulch, and bird seeds.

We have a good sized fenced backyard with cobblestone patio, but my husband created flower beds around the entire perimeter, and they are constantly swallowing mulch, which I'm no longer too concerned about, because their vet kinda laughed it off when I told her, but should I be concerned with the wild bird seeds?

I talked my husband into relocating his flower beds, and sodding that area, but it will be a couple of weeks before that's complete.

I don't want to stop feeding the birds, because that also gives me joy in watching them in my backyard. Any suggestions?

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I don't know abuout wild bird seed but Rocky always gets into the seed shells my budgies throw out of their cages and it doesn't seem to make him sick or anything.

:lol: You know Yorkies, if someone else has it they have to have it too! :lol:

3. Peek-A-PooPal

Peek-A-PooPal New Member

figgy, I've fed birds and had peek-a-poos for 35 years,and bird seed comes out in about the same condition as it goes in. Maybe they get some fiber benefit. I have moved my birdfeeders to the front, only because in Oklahoma we have Starlings that carry Salmonella. By the way, your yard sounds georgous. In my next life I'm definatly going to marry a man that likes yard work.

4. figgy

figgy New Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

And thanks for the compliment Peek-A-PooPal, I am very Blessed with a gardener for a husband... If it were left up to me, nothing would grow back there so I kinda get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labor with him :wink:

I wont worry about the seeds, thanks again :D