1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

You Have to See Our Local Shelter Page!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, May 28, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Never be sorry for trying to learn something new. I think the no chasing games thing is a reference to the fact that they are a herding dog (i.e. circle and nip at heels) and also a tracking dog. I have seen herding and tracking dogs that play chasing games with little kids, grab them and drag them down. They are probably a relation to the German Shepherd, they are in the herding/working dog category. They are actually a version of sheepdog. I guess they were a mix of 4 or 5 working/herding type dogs that are now broken into 4 categorys seperated by their coat color. They are super smart, but I guess you have to watch for some aggressiveness. They are currently being used in law enforcement quite a bit more and more. Their tempermant can be a little less reliable than a German Shepherd. But, they sound cool and there are some better pictures of them out on the web and they are beautiful!

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Lovesdapits:
    Great program for seniors. I think my city should implement some pet ptrograms for seniors in homes. People don't realize how comforting animals are for older people.

The thing that made me think of this is when my bf's grandmother had to be place in a home for 24hr. care. His dad went to visit her, and the staff have them all line up at 11:15 to be served lunch at noon! I guess it was horrible, like something out of a movie. Instead of having the stand there for almost an hour, they could have the shelter bring in some animals to comfort and visit with the seniors. Like a petting zoo with kitties and doggies.

Sorry, I'll stop rambling now.....