1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Your cat's (or cats') name

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by halaroo, Mar 31, 2007.

1. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I'm just wondering how you all came up with your cats' names?

Moe - She struts around like a bulldog and looks bow-legged, so I was thinking about calling her Bow. It just didn't fit, so I changed it to Moe. Moe definitely suits her personality. I mainly call her Schmoopie Poo or Moe Moe.

Artemis - I wanted to call him Artichoke, but my husband didn't like it. He suggested Artemis after the kid's books "Artemis Fowl", which we are both fans of. I affectionately call him Smarty Pants and Bartemis Fowl.

2. vene

vene New Member

Pumpkin- She's orange and looks like a pumpkin as soon as we saw her in the adoption place. She's also known as Umpy, Pumpy, and Pumpkin Pie.

Monty- Was already named LaMont at the shelter so we shortened it to Monty. I call him Monty Boy sometimes.

Milo- He came with his sister Vene so We thought of Venus de Milo and the names suited them. My son caled him Lolo as his first word so every now and then I'll call him Lolo Beans.

Rene- She was found after Vene was killed by a hit and run driver and took Vene's personality and looks. Even friends and the kids can't tell her and Vene apart from looking at the old pics. We decided on Serena or Rene (pernounced Venie) because of the tennis sisters Venus and Serena. We have no nicknames for her. She is pure Rene. :mrgreen:

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I adopted Missy 10 years ago this month and she was nearly 2 years old. She answered to her name so I kept it for her

Tilly - she was 1.5 years old when I adopted her. Her name was Matilda :roll: which had to go. She became Tilly. Silly Tilly

Zeus - ahh Zeus. He needed a godly name, strong, courageous in the hopes he might grow up to be a godly strong courageous cat. That theory didn't work. But it's so opposite of his nature that it works for him. He thinks he's a Zeus...but we don't tell him he isn't. We don't want to lower his self esteem any further than it already is.

Dixe was also Dixie when she came to us 2 years ago. She was 8 then...wouldn't have been fair to rename her.

4. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

Gracie is gray, so i named her grace, and grace automatically goes to gracie, lol.

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Well, I named my cats Romeo (R.I.P.) and Juliet, because they were so in love with each other. Sadly, after our daughter Kira was born we had so many visitors coming in and out, and Romeo managed to get outside one morning. That morning our neighbors let us know that a coyote had got him. So sad for us, since we have notes on all our doors to make sure the cats don't get out. Juliet was just as sad as I was. We sure miss our Romeo. :cry: My wife has a cat called Ink. He's all black. He's a grumpy old man.

Here are a few pics of Romeo (r.i.p.) and Juliet when they were teenagers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

That was so sad about Romeo.

Socks and Mittens have white at the end of their paws and my daughter suggest the name Socks and I liked it. Then I thought of what would be another name that was something like socks and I thought of Mittens.

The nickname I use for Socks the most is Sockers.

and for Mittens it is Mitten Kitten.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Emily just looked like an emily and it became Emmy Lou (Emily Lucille) because you can sing it to the tune of "Peggy Sue". Kind of a silly reason, but that's it.

Rusty is Rusty Shackelford from King of the Hill.

Toonces was named by her foster parents from the Toonces the Driving Cat skits from SNL (even though she doesn't look like that Toonces). She was with her foster parents for a year and was used to the name so we kept it.

Romeo actually came from the movie Romancing the Stone. Kathleen Turner's character has a cat named Romeo and the first time I saw the movie, I thought it was a cool name for a cat. And he ended up being quite the lover so it kind of fits. His name at the shelter was "Blue" because he has one blue eye, but I thought that was really stupid so it got changed quickly.

Ghost probably should have been named Moose, but we started calling him Ghost Cat when he first showed up in our laundry room (came in through the doggy door) and yard. Mom & I saw him hanging around for about a month before my dad did. He kept saying we were seeing a ghost cat.

Past cats:
    Chester was technically Charles Emerson Winchester from M*A*S*H because he had the same snobbish personality.

Lizzy (Elizabeth) was just a name that I liked at the time.

Tennessee got her name because her case number at the shelter was 0414. 414 are the first 3 digits of my dad's SSN and those digits represent the state you were born in which is Tennessee for my dad. Plus, my dad's roomate when he first joined the Air Force had a cat named Tennessee. We had been talking about that just a week before we saw Tennessee at the shelter and I thought it was a neat name for a cat.

Scout was named after the little girl from To Kill a Mockingbird.

-Chelle

8. nern

nern New Member

Tiddy - his original name was Odin but Tiddy just sort of happend by accident unconciously.

Bean - named after Mr. Bean for his goofy, not so bright personality.

Hoggle - named after a charactor in the movie "They Labyrinth".

Rhiannon - named after a Stevie Nicks song.

Chieve - kind of happened on accident but Chieve is short for Mr. Chieveous taken from the word mischievous...and it trully suits him.

Belladonna - named after a Stevie Nicks song.

Richie (aka Munchkin) - named after a supervisor at the plant he was captured at. The munchkin part, again, happened by accident.

9. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

When we adopted Booger, her shelter name was Jewel. It just didn't fit her so we decided to give her a week or so to give us her name via her personality.

Well, she had a cold when we brought her home and she would crawl up on us and sneeze in our faces (I'm talking wet sneezes in our faces) over and over. I kept saying "Damn! Kitty boogers!".

So the booger name stuck to her. She earned it. Her proper name is Booger but we both call her Boo, Boo-Boo, Boo-Berry, Boo-Bear. But occasionally we call her 'damnit-Booger'. And she answers to all LOL

:mrgreen:

10. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Chessmind, Romeo and Juliet had such a sweet relationship. You named them well. All the pics you posted in the past showed their love and care for each other. I was so worried when Romeo passed as to how Juliet would handle it.

How's she doing?

11. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. She's fine now. It was also a big adjustment to have the babies. But, she likes them. Maybe because they smell like milk?