1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MonsterBailey, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

I'm just reading this... and just heartbroken over those pups. What an evil woman! Secondly... to release a pup at 6 wks??? I rescued Baja ( my cockerspaniel/lab mix ) at 4 wks old because the owner was going to take them to the pound that weekend... just the puppies.. not the mom.. grrrrrrrrrrr... This owner had these pups and the mom in a closet.. they were all flea ridden and just generally unhealthy. 4 weeks of hand nursing and 6 vet trips and tons of $$$$.. and Baja was fairly healthy. He's just awesome now.. a little overly protective.. but training is helping this.

Folks who breed animals like this.. should be shot! Not all breeders are bad.. but puppy mill'ers and backyard breeders are bad bad bad...

Did you call your local shelter or ASPCA on this woman??

Jennifer

2. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Funny you should ask that....
    Cuz last week I tried to call our local shelter and they NEVER ANSWERED THE PHONE! I tried a couple of times on two different days. Unfortunately, I'm extremely busy at work and barely had those times to try (probably 5 or 6 times)...... Now, granted, I live in a small town and our animal shelter is very limited.... BUT STILL! sheeeesh.

I don't have the woman's name or address (I only would have had driving directions if I would have reached someone at the shelter), so I think I'm going to have to drive by there again and get the address this weekend.

3. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Actually most 'shelters ' will not get into it .Only the ones that fight fro prestiege go that route .If the authorities already know ,which you said they do ,then they will take care of it .They have to prove her unfit and the dogs unhealthy first .putting signs on trees will get you sued if it is found she takes care .That is a scare tactic and not even plausable or reasonable .if the authorities know and she is selling them out ,they will not let her just up and take the dogs with her .
    I am not saying she does or don't ,she is or she isn't , I am saying just be careful Monster .There is a right way and a wrong way to go about it .
    report her but not to a large rescue org .They vie for power ,prestiege ,money and will cause a scene nomatter what .Call the police and let them deal with it as it should be or animal control .
    I rescue also ,I know what that means to actually "rescue ' and what it means to just be a trouble maker .I know a few of both . Someone is always looking for something to say wrong ,education should be the key ,not scare tatics .call animal control ,make sure though when you do ,you have actually "SEEN " something very wrong .They have to tell the person who reported it and court costs are high .
    Now ,whatever she is or isn't or was or whatever ,you already said they knew and was forcing her to sell ,right or wrongly she is doing that ,was that what you said ? So I would call animal control "if " I saw something terribly wrong ,if not you can wind up with problems .
    call AKC and tell them they should have not encouraged puppy mills ,they cannot even back their own pedigrees ....and in the past have encouraged people to get into breeding .They don't care if standards are met ,98 percent of AKC dogs do not meet their standard .Then call CKC and the otehrs and really get on to them for starting up an org /club /registry for mix breeds and then go into business making shihpoo bumper stickers ...Does this all sound right or wrong somehow ?
    education and te correct call is what is needed ,not a bunch of wild people saying and doing what they think the public at large wants (not really ) ,just what they want to do .
    Be careful on the advice you take ..Love ya Monster !

4. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Malti,
    I just wanted to let you know that I saw your passionate post and I promise to re-read it tomorrow when I'm not so exhausted..... looks like you brought up a lot of points, especially coming from a breeders perspective. Right now I am too tired to let my brain even attempt to "fire" :)

again, just wanted to let you know that I read it... and will chat with more about it later!! HUGS!!!

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Thanks malti for the information....

I TOTALLY agree... I wanted to be EDUCATED before I did anything. I think it was clear that I was clueless to who/what/where in these situations.

I actually drove by her house yesterday to get the address, because I was going to discuss it with a friend of mine who is a canine police officer.... and it looks like they are moving, the place looks pretty packed up.

6. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

The problem lies in did you SEE something that leads you to believe the puppies were unhealthy ,in danger ,that she was /is doing something illegal .Just being a breeder selling puppies is not enough to call the guns in .That was what I was talking about .
    If your canine friend can help you ,and you feel strongly or seen something ,then you talk to her /him .just do it the right way ,that was what I was trying to convey .