1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Zebra Finch Eggs Again

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by iobre8ks, Jan 4, 2005.

?

How Many Eggs do you think that my Zebra Finch Will Lay? (Her first clutch was four. She has four

1. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

I have two pair of zebra finch. One of them just raised a clutch of two. I sold them two weeks ago. I was wondering what i should do since they now have four eggs and she may lay more?

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

If you don't want anymore chicks separate the parents and sell the chicks.

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Once zebra finch's have bonded you should not seperate them as this stresses the pair out and stress in a finch is fatal.

They will keep laying aslong as there is a nest box in the cage so should be removed.
    Finch's will not lay there eggs unless they are sure the nest is going to be warm for there eggs and chicks so reducing the nesting material helps.

Then there is the method of moving the cage to a different part of the room or put them into a different room this puts birds on edge and stops them from laying until they feel safe.

Only feed a seed diet do not give fruit, vegtables or any other soft foods as this indicates to the birds its time to breed..

When was last egg laid???

Mike

4. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

They had five eggs and all five of them hatched and my other pair has two eggs. WOW am i going to have a lot of finches good thing i am getting an even bigger cage than what i have. I didn't have a nest in the cage and then noticed that she looked like she was going to lay so i added the nest and she layed that day. I am getting pretty good at telling if they are going to lay now :eek: I am so excited.